Free PR Tools for Do-It-Yourself Publicity
As the founder of Rembrandt Communications®, LLC, www.rembrandtwrites.com, Melanie is one of the country's top, public-relations consultants, an SEO copywriter and a published writer with over 20 years of extensive experience and an excellent track-record for success.
She specializes in helping entrepreneurs get the attention and credibility they need via targeted public-relations and SEO copywriting efforts (including Web site copy that sells, newsletters, eReports, social media, blogs, SEO press releases, e-mail auto responders, direct marketing, and more!).
Melanie offers tips and insights via her blogs and monthly newsletter, "Rembrandt Writes Insights®." And she provides in-depth training presentations to various businesses and organizations nationwide.
Melanie is also the author of "Secrets of Becoming a Publicist," published by American Writers & Artists, Inc., "Simple Publicity," published by 1WinPress, StartupNation's "7 Steps to Successful Public Relations," and the host of the SmallBiz America Radio Channel, "PR and SEO Quick Tips with Melanie Rembrandt."
A magna cum laude graduate of the prestigious UCLA School of Theater,Film and Television, Melanie is the official small-business PR expert for StartupNation and Pink Magazine Online. She’s open to your questions, comments and suggestions at email@example.com and @rembrandtwrites on Twitter.
And you can also sign-up to receive her e-newsletter and reports packed with great information at: http://www.startupnation.com/steps/77/steps-successful-public-relations.htm.
If you are working with a tight budget like most entrepreneurs, you can do your own publicity. Here is a quick list of some of the free services available to help you build buzz and sales:
1. Learn simple steps to start your publicity efforts with StartupNation’s Guide to PR here.
2. Check out the free, PR Newswire/StartupNation PR Package here.
3. Here’s a list of sites where you can post your press releases for free (or at a discounted rate).
4. Check out www.yourpitchsucks.com. Here, you can send in your pitch, and some PR experts will review it and help you improve it. Veteran marketer Jim Kikral has developed a great way for entrepreneurs to learn how to pitch…for free!
5. Check out sites like PRWeb, PRNewswire, GasPedal (Word of Mouth Marketing), and HARO. Here, you will find great tips and information. Help a Reporter Out from Peter Shankman (HARO) offers daily e-mails to let you know exactly what reporters are looking for.
6. Finally, you can talk to fellow entrepreneurs about PR here at the StartupNation PR Forum. I am also available to answer your questions, and I offer a free report and information at www.rembrandtwrites.com.
There are many ways to generate publicity at no cost. It’s just a matter of doing your research to find the right information, people and services to help you and then making an effort to reach out to media members directly. And if you reach a snag along the way, please let me know! I’m here to help.