If you are working with a tight budget like most entrepreneurs, you can do your own publicity. Here is a quick list of some of the free services available to help you build buzz and sales:
1. Learn simple steps to start your publicity efforts with StartupNation’s Guide to PR here.
2. Check out the free, PR Newswire/StartupNation PR Package here.
3. Here’s a list of sites where you can post your press releases for free (or at a discounted rate).
4. Check out www.yourpitchsucks.com. Here, you can send in your pitch, and some PR experts will review it and help you improve it. Veteran marketer Jim Kikral has developed a great way for entrepreneurs to learn how to pitch…for free!
5. Check out sites like PRWeb, PRNewswire, GasPedal (Word of Mouth Marketing), and HARO. Here, you will find great tips and information. Help a Reporter Out from Peter Shankman (HARO) offers daily e-mails to let you know exactly what reporters are looking for.
6. Finally, you can talk to fellow entrepreneurs about PR at the StartupNation PR Forum. I am also available to answer your questions, and I offer a free report and information at www.rembrandtwrites.com.
There are many ways to generate publicity at no cost. It’s just a matter of doing your research to find the right information, people and services to help you and then making an effort to reach out to media members directly. And if you reach a snag along the way, please let me know! I’m here to help.