- Creating Email Campaigns to Measure Your Website’s Performance - October 29, 2014
- Email Marketing Review - November 21, 2008
- Segmenting Email Campaigns: What Criteria Should You Use - November 18, 2008
Targeted marketing is a very effective method of marketing your business via email. Instead of sending blanket emails to all of your contacts, you can segment your lists and send them only to the most relevant information. Here are few tips that might make the segmentation process easier.
- Segment your campaigns with more than just one demographic. Depending on your product or service, create your campaigns with other attributes you might know about your audience. Do you know the gender (male or female) of each recipient? This could dramatically affect response rates if you have products that cater to a specific demographic.
- Use purchasing behavior to boost results. Segment your lists based on what each customer purchased in the past. For example, All consumers who purchased product A will be categorize into List A and all consumers who purchased product B, will be categorized into List B and so on. When new products and services become available, select the most relevant list to target.
- Segment based on general customer interests. If your product or services can be divided into categories, you can easily recognize how to segment your list. For instance, a sporting goods store may segment based on the type of sports/activity the customer is interested in.
If you are using iContact as your email marketing service, you can easily segment your list based on 15 standard fields as well as custom fields you have created. Custom fields enable you to segment your lists based on a criteria not already captured by the standard fields.
Thanks for reading. I will be back soon to discuss more tips on email marketing.