- WJR Business Beat: Top Marketing Channel in 2022? Email (Episode 351) - January 25, 2022
- It’s Not Too Late to Join Our Free Dell Webinar on Hardware That Won’t Hold You Back - January 25, 2022
- WJR Business Beat: Customer Service is King (Episode 350) - January 24, 2022
This episode of StartupNation Radio is sponsored by DBusiness, Siren PR and Dell Small Business
This episode of StartupNation Radio was recorded at Detroit Startup Week. At the event, we livestreamed 16 interviews within two days from the Lear Innovation Center, sitting down with renowned entrepreneurs, passionate thought leaders and innovators, all of whom have a keen entrepreneurial grit and a passion for the city of Detroit.
On this episode, Jeff is joined by DBusiness editor, R.J. King, in the co-hosting seat. Together, the two interview Amanda Lewan, Lindsey Walenga and Pam Lewis.
Amanda Lewan is the co-founder of Bamboo Detroit, which offers shared office space, coworking space and private offices in the city of Detroit. Amanda is also a partner and board member of Venture Catalysts, a 501(c)3 non-profit organization leading large scale events. She is also no stranger to StartupNation Radio!
During the show, Amanda talks about:
- The benefits of being surrounded by other business-minded people in a coworking space
- Bamboo’s monthly Detroit meetup for startups
- How she hopes to help make starting up easier for aspiring founders
- The booming success of technology companies in Detroit, along with new trends to look out for
- What’s next for Bamboo
Next up, Jeff and R.J. chat with Lindsey Walenga, founder of Siren PR, a strategic public relations firm that focuses on companies in southeast Michigan. Siren PR is also the lead marketing team of Detroit Startup Week.
During the show, Lindsey discusses:
- The types of clients Siren PR represents
- The importance of storytelling
- Common questions that the team asks during an initial meeting with new clients
- Success as a result of Detroit Startup Week
- The key trait entrepreneurs must possess in order to be able to share their authentic story with the public
Lastly, Jeff and R.J. talk entrepreneurship with Pam Lewis, executive director of the New Economy Initiative (NEI). One of the country’s largest regional economic development initiatives led by philanthropy, NEI was founded in 2007 to drive entrepreneurship and strengthen Detroit’s economy.
During the show, Pam chats about:
- The development of the New Economy Initiative
- How economic growth and philanthropy lead back to entrepreneurship in a community
- The total amount of grant funding raised by NEI over the last 12 years
- How NEI supports both aspiring entrepreneurs and pre-existing businesses
- The impact Detroit Startup Week has had on the culture of local entrepreneurship
To contact NEI and for additional resources, visit the official website.
Tune in to WJR 760 AM radio next Saturday at 2 p.m. EST for an all-new episode of StartupNation Radio!
StartupNation is a proud silver sponsor of Detroit Startup Week